St Laurence Church Schools were founded in 1714 by Revd Dr William Worth, Rector of Northfield. They are thought to be the oldest church schools in Birmingham.
Since that time they have provided a Christian education for the people of Northfield and surrounding parishes. In many local families, several generations have attended the schools.
Over the years the schools have expanded to their present three forms of entry, giving a school roll of 270 in the Infants and 360 in the Juniors. The Junior School moved to its present spacious site in 1964, and the Infant School in 1972.
The schools are Voluntary Aided and have a close relationship with the lovely old St Laurence Church. They have a strong sense of Christian purpose, which is reflected in relationships, worship and general school ethos.
For more information about St Laurence Church please see "School Community/Church" section of the website.